June 15, 2006
1. We know you like cats, but what other animals do you like? Would you ever have a lizard as a pet?
I've ALWAYS wanted a pet squirrel monkey that I could dress up like myself and have it sit on my shoulder wherever I went. People would LOVE me then! When I was a kid I was fascinated with raccoons. I've had fish before and I would love to have a dog (puggle as I've mentioned) but my current housemate is SUCH a daddy's girl that I don't think I can introduce a new pal into the mix here. Lizards ... well, they don't really do it for me. Gotta admit.
2. What are the best movies you've seen in the last 6 months?
"An Inconvenient Truth," "Brick," "Thank You For Smoking," "The Proposition," "The Devil And Daniel Johnston."
3. Would you ever ride, or have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
Never have and would rather not. I just think I'd feel like a human bullet.
4. What's your favorite song of the last year or the song that you just can't listen to enough right now?
Well, I'm a late comer to Sufjan Steven's album of last year "(Come On and Feel the) Illinoise" and the song, "Chicago." Of course.
5. Did you ever use a body double or stand-in for your nude scenes on QAF?
Only once, for a portion of the "gang rape" scene in Season 3. Emotionally it would have been A LOT to take on and I figured if "Ted" was passed out and didn't remember it then I didn't need to remember it either. A wonderful fellow took the bullet for me for about half the scene and then I stepped in for the rest.
6. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the ending storyline with Lindsay and Melanie moving to Canada? I found it to be an unexpected move especially for Melanie because she was always a champion of gay rights.
Listen, I thought about moving to Canada myself after the last election and that was just to protect myself. "Mel" and "Linds" had two kids to worry about beyond themselves and I think it was for THEIR protection that they decided not to stay and fight. PLUS ... was it me or did "Linds" kinda have a Canadian accent already?
7. Was it hard to memorize Ted's "God Speech" in the See The Light storyline? I watched it again last night, and it always gives me chills how well you delivered it.
Honestly it was one of the easier things to memorize as it was SO well-written and clear to me. I am sure it will be one of the things I'll be proudest of in my entire career.
8. Here's another iTunes question for you: What are your top 5 most played songs?
Well, the sad truth is that my top five played songs are ALL from 2004/5 Arcade Fire's album "Funeral" 'cause I just loved the bejeesus out of it ... and still do. Here are the five tracks in order: 1.) Wake Up, 2.) Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels), 3.) Neighborhood #2 (Leika), 4.) Rebellion (Lies), 5.) Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
9. What are your plans for the summer?
Mostly spending it writing. Just finished "Weeping Willow" (with Eddie Jemison) FINALLY and we have a couple of short films that we're in the midst of writing. I'm also doing some solo writing on a feature-length screenplay based on a historic event that I'm still in the research phase of. Other than that, enjoying all that LA has to offer in the summer before a possible multi-month trip to NYC as Fall approaches..